Before fitness training, one must give importance to doing a warm-up or stretching exercises to prevent accidents or to enhance the output during the training. There are also a number of precautionary measures and tips to serve as guidelines when doing fitness exercises. Here are some of them.
1. To increase your flexibility and to avoid injuries, stretch before and after the workout. Almost everyone knows that stretching before
workout prevents injuries during the exercises, but only few people know that stretching after a workout, when muscles are still warm,
can increase flexibility.
2. Hold your stretching position for more than 60 seconds to increase flexibility. While holding your position for 20 seconds is enough
for warm ups, holding each position for at least 60 seconds will develop the body’s flexibility.
3. Do not go into a stretching position then immediately return to the relaxed position, and do it repeatedly. This is more appropriately
termed as bouncing while in a position. When stretching, hold that position for several seconds, and then slowly relax. You may do this
exercise repeatedly this way. Bouncing or forcing yourself into a position during stretching can strain or damage some joints or
4. Work slowly in increments instead of immediately proceeding to doing the hardest exercise or position.
5. Make sure that you have stretched or warmed up all muscle groups. For some people, even if they have strong bodies, they tend to
neglect the neck when stretching. Stretching the neck muscles can be as simple as placing the palm of your hand against the front of
the head and pushing it. Then, do the same to the sides and the back of the head.
6. Stretch regularly to continually increase your range of movements and your level of flexibility and strength.
7. Workout considering only your capabilities and not of others. Do not force yourself to do exercises that you are not yet capable of
just because there are people who can do it. Increase your limits slowly. Listen to your body. There are days when your body may be
too tired that you may have to consider reducing your range of motion.
8. Learn to rest. Rest in between sets and stations to make sure that the body has enough time to recover its energy. Also, it is
advisable that you don’t work the same muscle groups consecutively for two days. The muscles grow during the period when you rest
and not when you are working out.
9. Do aerobic exercises to strengthen your heart. Aerobic exercises are those physical activities that use oxygen for fuel. Below are
some of the ways aerobic exercise can help you lose weight quickly: Although aerobic exercise, unlike strength training, does not
permanently increase your metabolism, it does speed up your body’s process for burning fat.
It’s common knowledge that if you want to lose weight or body fat you must include exercise in your weekly routine. It is best to include
both strength training and aerobic exercise.
Below are some of the ways aerobic exercise can help you lose weight quickly. Although aerobic exercise, unlike strength training,
does not permanently increase your metabolism, it does speed up your body’s process for burning fat.
Your body has a “fat-burning zone” that you need to determine so you will know if your aerobic exercise is actually burning fat. Your
heart rate(pulse) can help determine if you are in you fat-burning zone. Calculate by this formula:220- (your age)x (.75).
In other words, subtract your age from 220 and multiply the result by .75. If my age is 40, my “fat-burning zone”pulse rate would be
135. This rate is just a basic guideline,and you can vary it by 10 beats more or less.
When you perform aerobic exercise it is also important to spur your fat-burning. Do your aerobic exercise immediately after a strength
training session. Your body has already used up most of its glycogen and can go directly to fat storage for the energy it needs for the
aerobic session..There are many different forms of aerobic exercise. Make sure you pick the ones you really enjoy doing so you will
stay with it. Here are a
Brisk walking or jogging;
Aerobic dance classes;
DVD exercise programs, such as Zumba;
Stair stepping (climb those stairs!);
Elliptical or rowing machines;
The time required to perform aerobic exercise is different for men than for women.A woman should do aerobic exercise four or five
days a week for up to 45 minutes each session. For a man, it is only necessary to do aerobic exercise four times per week for about
10. Music may help you when you want to train for longer periods or to increase your intensity. You can use mp3 players, CD players
or lightweight am radio receivers for this. Just make sure that you brought your headset with you so you wouldn’t disturb people who
don’t prefer music while exercising.
Apart from preventing injuries and increasing one’s limit, it is also said that stretching is good for a tired body and also for a stressed
mind and spirit.
The Easiest Upper Body Strengthening Routine
Weight-lifting is one of the fastest ways to see changes in your body but too many people are scared away from it by horror stories of
women turning into bulky Schwarzenegger clones as well as torn ligaments and other afflictions. The reality is nothing like that; women
will firm up, not bulk up, and when you lift weights properly there’s practically zero risk that you will injure yourself.