Some people focus on what they cannot have while they are dieting. This is a
negative way to view dieting and weight loss. Instead, take a look at what you should
be eating while you are on a diet and you might find it changes your entire outlook
on the weight loss program.
* Whole Grain Breads: these foods will make you feel fuller because they contain a
great deal of fiber. This means that they digest slowly and help you maintain a stable
blood sugar level.
* Oatmeal: this food should be the rolled oats type, rather than instant. Oatmeal is
a whole grain food that is low in sugar, high in fiber and high in protein. It will keep
you fuller longer.
* White Meat: white meat is generally considered the breast meat of a bird. This
meat is leaner and often favored for cooking. .
* Lean Beef: no one can blame you for eating beef. By eating lean beef and then
draining any fat that comes off of it you can save some cholesterol and fat, keeping
this meal healthy.
*Fresh Fruit: fresh fruit is significantly better for you than canned or frozen because
it is fresh and unaltered. Enjoy fresh fruit whenever you crave something sweet.
* Canned Fruit: this can be good for you if it is canned in unsweetened juice or
water. However, this fruit has been cooked; therefore, some of the vitamins might
have been lost.
* Frozen Fruit: this is the second best way to enjoy fruit. Use these frozen fruits
when making protein shakes or other frozen treats. These are also great on hot
days for cooling off and enjoying a sweet.
* Fresh Vegetables: fresh vegetables are ideal because they have fiber and very
little sugar. Feel free to enjoy these at every meal.
* Olive Oil: while all oils are fats; however, this fat can actually help you to lose
weight and look and feel better. Olive oil is high in vitamin E; therefore, it can keep
your skin soft and your hair manageable.
* Skim Milk: this fat free milk has all of the vitamins and minerals that whole milk has
but without the fat. This beverage can take time to get used to, but once you have
gone skim, you may never go fat again.
Enjoy these foods, and you can soon find yourself in the best swimsuit shape you
have ever been. It is important to remember that even though these are healthy
foods, they should not be eaten in excess. Always practice portion control in order
to lose and maintain weight while staying healthy.