How can I make my voice healthy?
- Absolutely no screaming or shouting.
- Warm up gently before voice use.
- Use easy onset of voicing.
- Avoid vocal projection.
- Use soft, breathy vocal quality during speaking.
- Maintain use of good breath support during speaking or singing.
- Use only mid-range during singing.
What are three things to avoid for vocal health?
- Don’t clear your throat too often. Clearing the throat causes the vocal folds to rub together.
- Don’t smoke—or if you do, quit. Smoking anything is irritating to your throat—the chemicals, the heat, all of it.
- Don’t use medications that are drying.
What do singers drink before they sing? Hydrate your voice.
If you’re wondering what to drink to sing better, the answer is simple: water. Water is one of the best drinks for your singing voice, with herbal teas (but not too hot) in second place. Drink water throughout the day, and keep a water bottle nearby during lessons and rehearsals.
What do singers drink for their voices? Decaffeinated tea
Plus, with tea, you’ll feel hydrated, but not bloated. Black tea and lemon tea are great options. As far as tea specifically for singers, a wonderful tea to drink before a vocal performance is throat coat. You can find throat coat in most convenience stores.