How do I increase my pump before working out?
- Do high-volume weightlifting instead of high-load weightlifting. More muscle contraction means more reason for your body to send blood to those muscles.
- Hydrate before and during lifting weights.
- Eat carbs before you work out.
- Utilize supersets and tri-sets.
What should I eat before a body pump workout?
- Protein smoothie made with milk, protein powder and some fruit.
- Natural almond butter (or any other nut variety) sandwich on whole-grain bread (try adding jam in too – it will give you some simple sugars to digest and fuel you).
What to drink to get a pump?
- Beetroot juice. Beets are frequently touted as the best whole food you can consume for a preworkout.
- Citrulline malate.
What gives you a better pump? 1 Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate
Keeping yourself well-hydrated means greater blood volume and fluid to fill your veins and arteries and amplify the pump effect. Make sure you drink at least 2-3 cups of water in the hours leading up to and during your workout, and then continually hydrate yourself throughout the day.