How do I prepare for home health nursing?
- Top off the Fuel and Kick the Tires. Whether you drive your personal or company vehicle, keep the car well-maintained and fueled.
- Take Stock of Supplies.
- Safety First.
- Lunch on the Run.
- Planning Makes Perfect.
- HIPAA Still Rules.
What makes a good home nurse? Families trust home health care nurses to be educated, trained, and prepared with the skills to provide a broad range of routine and preventive care, to attentively recognize emergent issues before they become serious, and to provide proactive interventions as necessary.
What skills does a home health nurse need?
- Assessment and skilled observation.
- Wound care and dressing changes.
- Injection administration.
- IV monitoring.
- Tube feeding.
- Catheter insertion and monitoring.
- Tracheostomy care.
- Medication administration.
Is home health nursing stressful? Home care nurses report increased stress in their jobs due to work environment characteristics that impact professional practice. Stressors and characteristics of the professional practice environment that moderate nurses’ experience of job stress were examined in this embedded multiple case study.