Is it OK to workout at 5am? Build routine
We all know our body thrives off of routine. Waking up for a 5am workout can help you build routine. Having a set “appointment” will help prevent hitting the snooze button in the mornings. and begin to head to the gym to get in your workout for the day.
How do I prepare for a 5am workout?
- Wake up with intention.
- Keep your alarm at a distance.
- Make your bed.
- Lay out your clothes the night before.
- Plan every minute of your morning.
- Make it a group effort.
- Find a workout that makes you actually want to wake up early.
What should I eat for early morning workout?
- An energy bar.
- A banana, an apple or other fresh fruit.
- A fruit smoothie.
- A whole-grain bagel or crackers.
- A low-fat granola bar.
- A peanut butter sandwich.
- Sports drink or diluted juice.
Should you eat before working out early in the morning? It’s often recommended that you work out first thing in the morning before eating breakfast, in what’s known as a fasted state. This is believed to help with weight loss. However, working out after eating may give you more energy and improve your performance.