Should you eat before a morning workout for weight loss? Eat a healthy breakfast
Be well fueled going into a workout. Studies suggest that eating or drinking carbohydrates before exercise can improve workout performance and may allow you to work out for a longer time or at a higher intensity. If you don’t eat, you might feel sluggish or lightheaded when you exercise.
What should I eat for early morning workout?
- A few swigs of 100% fruit juice.
- A glass of chocolate milk.
- A handful of cereal or granola.
- A banana.
- A slice of toast with jam.
- A fruit smoothie.
- A cup of yogurt.
- A breakfast cookie or two.
What should I eat 2 hours before a workout?
- If you are eating 30-60 minutes before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, moderate protein, and low fat snack before exercising.
- If you are eating 2-3 hours before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, high protein, low fat meal before exercising.
What should I eat before and after workout to lose weight? Eat eggs, chicken breast, turkey, whole grains, cottage cheese, tofu, nuts and veggies. Aim for atleast 30 to 40gm of carbohydrates and 15 to 20 grams of protein post-workout,” says Kutteri.