What are 5 ways to maintain positive mental health?
- Connect with other people. Good relationships are important for your mental wellbeing.
- Be physically active. Being active is not only great for your physical health and fitness.
- Learn new skills.
- Give to others.
- Pay attention to the present moment (mindfulness)
How can I overcome mother’s stress? Recognize how you deal with stress.
Put things in perspective—make time for what’s really important. Prioritize and delegate responsibilities. Identify ways your family and friends can lessen your load so that you can take a break. Delay or say no to less important tasks.
What can I do at home to improve mental health?
- Make social connection — especially face-to-face — a priority.
- Stay active.
- Talk to someone.
- Appeal to your senses.
- Take up a relaxation practice.
- Make leisure and contemplation a priority.
- Eat a brain-healthy diet to support strong mental health.
- Don’t skimp on sleep.
How do you take care of yourself as a busy mother?
- Focus on the physical. Getting your blood pumping and getting outside is a great way to feel refreshed.
- Give your brain a boost. Write in your journal.
- Pamper yourself. Relax in a hot bath.
- Find time for your friends.
- Take a leap.
- Hone your skills.
- Get silly.
- Prepare to unwind.