What are good foods to eat before a workout?
- Fruit smoothies.
- Yogurt parfaits with granola and fruit.
- Whole grain bread with a couple of slices of lean meat.
- Chicken with rice and vegetables.
- Apples with peanut butter and raisins.
- Greek yogurt.
Can I eat a burger before a workout? Burger. A juicy burger is actually a great way to replenish muscles and iron stores following a workout, but sinking your teeth in this slow-to-digest, high-protein food is not a good idea in the hours leading up to exercise.
What are the worst things to do before a workout?
- Don’t eat a lot right before working out.
- Don’t start exercising without a goal.
- Skip static stretching before your workout.
- Don’t drink alcoholic beverages.
- Don’t drink too much water.
What is best to eat before and after a workout? Experts say the best way to go is a snack that’s a combination of carbs (to give you fuel) and protein (to get your body ready to build and repair muscles). Some ideas include a banana and some peanut butter with crackers, a handful of nuts and raisins, or a hardboiled egg.