What are the 3 major safety concerns for health care workers? Healthcare workers face a wide range of hazards on the job including: Sharps injuries. Chemical and drug exposure. Back injuries.
What are 5 ways to promote safety in a health care facility?
- Use monitoring technology.
- Make sure patients understand their treatment.
- Verify all medical procedures.
- Follow proper handwashing procedures.
- Promote a team atmosphere.
What are risks in home healthcare? They have little control over their work environment which may contain a number of safety and health hazards. These hazards include bloodborne pathogens and biological hazards, latex sensitivity, ergonomic hazards from patient lifting, violence, hostile animals and unhygienic and dangerous conditions.
What safety precautions should you take?
- Eye protection/face protection.
- Hearing protection.
- Head protection.
- Height safety equipment.