What is the best food to eat right before a workout? Apples, bananas and oranges are a cinch to grab on the go or to toss in your gym bag. Plus, they’re packed with easy-to-digest, energizing carbohydrates (roughly 15 to 20 grams of carbs apiece). As important as pre-exercise fuel is, don’t forget to replenish afterward.
What should I eat 40 minutes before workout?
- Whole grain toast, peanut or almond butter and banana slices.
- Chicken thighs, rice and steamed vegetables.
- Oatmeal, protein powder and blueberries.
- Scrambled eggs, veggies and avocado.
- Protein smoothie.
What foods should you not eat before a workout?
- Granola or Protein Bars. 1/12. These might seem like a good idea before you hit the gym, but there’s no clear definition of what they really are.
- High-Fiber Vegetables. 2/12.
- High-Fat Food. 3/12.
- Yogurt. 4/12.
- Smoothies. 5/12.
- Flaxseed. 6/12.
- Fast Food. 7/12.
- Energy Drinks. 8/12.
How can I get energy before a workout?
- Eat Two To Three Hours Beforehand.
- Have A Quick Pre-Workout Snack.
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate.
- Drink Something Caffeinated.
- Choose A Fun Routine.
- Reschedule Your Workout.
- Take A Power Nap.
- Go Outside.