What is the best thing to eat before a workout?
- Fruit smoothies.
- Yogurt parfaits with granola and fruit.
- Whole grain bread with a couple of slices of lean meat.
- Chicken with rice and vegetables.
- Apples with peanut butter and raisins.
- Greek yogurt.
Is it OK to workout on an empty stomach? Working out on an empty stomach won’t hurt you—and it may actually help, depending on your goal. But first, the downsides. Exercising before eating comes with the risk of “bonking”—the actual sports term for feeling lethargic or light-headed due to low blood sugar.
Is it OK to eat 30 minutes before a workout? Good hydration is also linked to enhanced performance. Pre-workout meals can be eaten three hours to 30 minutes before a workout. However, choose foods that are easy to digest, especially if your workout starts in one hour or less. This will help you avoid stomach discomfort.
What should you not eat before a workout?
- Granola or Protein Bars. 1/12. These might seem like a good idea before you hit the gym, but there’s no clear definition of what they really are.
- High-Fiber Vegetables. 2/12.
- High-Fat Food. 3/12.
- Yogurt. 4/12.
- Smoothies. 5/12.
- Flaxseed. 6/12.
- Fast Food. 7/12.
- Energy Drinks. 8/12.