What is the healthiest food for Thanksgiving?
- Pumpkin soup.
- Wild rice mushroom soup.
- Apple salad with figs and almonds.
- Salad greens with pears, fennel and walnuts.
How does Thanksgiving affect your body? The Post-Thanksgiving High
Serotonin is the “feel-good hormone” that combats depression and lifts your mood after a delicious meal. It’s also released when you taste something delicious — so everything at Thanksgiving.
How do you stay skinny on Thanksgiving?
- Create New Traditions.
- Eat a Protein-Packed Breakfast.
- Avoid Alcohol.
- Bake Single-Serving Desserts or Healthy Dessert Options.
- Swap Out Traditional Foods for Healthier Options.
- Control Your Portions.
- Eat Slow & Listen to Your Body.
- Drink Lots of Water.
Why do people get sick after Thanksgiving? People have a habit of leaving the food out on the buffet table long after the meal is finished. If turkey, stuffing, or gravy is left out at room temperature (40 to 140°F) for over 2 hours it may no longer be safe to eat. Bacteria prospers at this temperature, increasing the risk of foodborne illness.