What should I eat 5 hours before a workout?
- Sandwich on whole-grain bread, lean protein and a side salad.
- Egg omelet and whole-grain toast topped with avocado spread and a cup of fruit.
- Lean protein, brown rice and roasted vegetables.
What should I eat before a 3 hour workout?
- If you are eating 30-60 minutes before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, moderate protein, and low fat snack before exercising.
- If you are eating 2-3 hours before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, high protein, low fat meal before exercising.
What should I eat before workout hours?
- Low fat fruit smoothie.
- Low fat chocolate milk.
- Fruit juice or sports drink.
- Low fat muffins.
- A piece of fruit.
What should I eat 4 hours before a run?
- A piece of fruit, such as a banana or orange.
- Half of a sports energy bar.
- Half of an English muffin with honey or jelly.
- 15 crackers, such as saltines or pretzels.
- Half-cup of dry cereal.