What should I eat before a workout and how long before? If you are eating 30-60 minutes before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, moderate protein, and low fat snack before exercising. (See examples below.) If you are eating 2-3 hours before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, high protein, low fat meal before exercising.
What’s the best food to eat before a workout?
- Fruit smoothies.
- Yogurt parfaits with granola and fruit.
- Whole grain bread with a couple of slices of lean meat.
- Chicken with rice and vegetables.
- Apples with peanut butter and raisins.
- Greek yogurt.
What are 3 foods you should eat after a workout?
- grilled chicken with roasted vegetables and rice.
- egg omelet with avocado spread on whole grain toast.
- salmon with sweet potato.
- tuna salad sandwich on whole grain bread.
- tuna and crackers.
- oatmeal, whey protein, banana and almonds.
- cottage cheese and fruits.
- pita and hummus.
What should not eat after workout?
- Smoothies From Pre-Made Mixes.
- Spicy Foods.
- Heavy Proteins Like Steak.
- Fatty Foods.
- Fast Food.
- Simple Carbs.