What should I eat before a workout to gain weight?
- A peanut butter and banana or PBJ sandwich.
- Greek yogurt with berries.
- Oatmeal with low-fat milk and fruit.
- Apple and peanut or almond butter.
- Handful of nuts and raisins (two parts raisins: one part nuts)
Do I eat before or after workout to gain weight? If you want to gain muscle weight, eat protein an hour to two after a workout. If you eat a high caloric meal after a workout, you will gain weight, but a low caloric meal should maintain weight.
What should I eat after a workout at night to gain weight? Our tip: make a small quinoa bowl with other great post-workout foods, like roasted sweet potato for complex carbs, salmon or tuna for protein, and avocado for healthy fats.
Is it okay to eat after workout to gain weight? Fueling Isn’t Necessary After a Moderate Workout
Eating a snack after a moderate workout won’t add weight, however, unless it makes you exceed your daily calorie needs. Eating a surplus of calories causes weight gain.