What should I eat before heavy leg day?
- Whole grain toast, peanut or almond butter and banana slices.
- Chicken thighs, rice and steamed vegetables.
- Oatmeal, protein powder and blueberries.
- Scrambled eggs, veggies and avocado.
- Protein smoothie.
What to eat before heavy squats?
- Fruit smoothies.
- Yogurt parfaits with granola and fruit.
- Whole grain bread with a couple of slices of lean meat.
- Chicken with rice and vegetables.
- Apples with peanut butter and raisins.
- Greek yogurt.
What should I eat 30 minutes before a leg workout? Bananas with peanut butter and Greek yogurt with some fruit are good snack options to eat 30 minutes to one hour before a workout. The best things to eat 30 minutes before a workout include oats, protein shakes, bananas, whole grains, yogurt, fresh fruit, and more.
Should I eat before working out legs? Your leg day pre-workout meal should ideally be eaten roughly three hours prior to your workout. This gives you plenty of time to digest the colossal portions I recommend, so that you do not feel bloated or heavy as you begin your warm-up.