Can you eat 45 minutes before working out? If you’re pressed for time, you can still eat a meal as few as 45–60 minutes before your workout. However, the meal should be smaller and simple to aid digestion and absorption ( 6 ). Instead of eating a balance of protein, carbs, and fat, your meal should consist of mostly carbs and some protein.
What should I eat 40 minutes before workout?
- Whole grain toast, peanut or almond butter and banana slices.
- Chicken thighs, rice and steamed vegetables.
- Oatmeal, protein powder and blueberries.
- Scrambled eggs, veggies and avocado.
- Protein smoothie.
What should I eat 45 minutes before lifting?
- Sandwich on whole-grain bread, lean protein and a side salad.
- Egg omelet and whole-grain toast topped with avocado spread and a cup of fruit.
- Lean protein, brown rice and roasted vegetables.
What should I eat 60 minutes before a workout?
- If you are eating 30-60 minutes before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, moderate protein, and low fat snack before exercising.
- If you are eating 2-3 hours before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, high protein, low fat meal before exercising.