How are parents preparing for back to school?
- Use a calendar.
- Start bedtime routines early.
- Back-to-school shopping.
- Prepare lunchboxes and keep them easy.
- Find a ‘go-to-school friend’
- Talk about homework.
- Deal with expectations.
- Show them that you think about them.
How do you keep your child healthy at school?
- Get adequate sleep.
- Exercise daily.
- Reduce screen time.
- Practice healthy eating habits.
- Stay up-to-date on immunizations.
- Wash hands frequently to reduce spread of germs.
- Consider masking in school.
- Help your child deal with stress and anxiety.
What can you parents school do to encourage healthy lifestyle at home and at school make a list of ideas and present them? Offering healthy foods in school canteens. Providing clean, cool-water fountains. Assessing the food provided at the school canteen and vending machines. Providing parents with information on healthy food choices and active living.
How can parents stay healthy?
- Practice staying physically active as a family.
- Children often need to see a new food many times before they will try it.
- Make sure your child’s caregivers offer healthy snacks and meals.
- Make sure your children eat a healthy breakfast to spark the energy they need to focus in school.