How can I stop stressing out on Thanksgiving?
- 3 Remember It’s About Spending Time With Loved Ones.
- 4 Keep The Meal Simple.
- 5 Include Your Partner & Kids.
- 6 Buy The Side Dishes.
- 7 Freeze Your Desserts.
- 8 Set The Table The Night Before.
- 9 Make It A Potluck.
- 10 Keep Your Guest List Small.
How do you maintain mental health during the holidays?
- Limit the number of people and households.
- Accept your needs.
- Write a gratitude list and offer thanks.
- Manage your time and don’t try to do too much.
- Be realistic.
- Set boundaries.
- Practice relaxation.
- Exercise daily.
Why is Thanksgiving so stressful? The reality of Thanksgiving for some Americans is rife with family tension, arguments, sorrow and loss. Others face the stress of hosting, or the dread of being asked questions about their lives that they are not ready to answer.
How do you deal with Thanksgiving?
- Acknowledge your feelings.
- Reach out to support: If you are feeling overwhelmed, anxious, sad, lonely, or isolated, seek out support from others.
- Set realistic expectations: The holidays do not have to perfect or fit a certain mold each year.