How do home health nurses stay organized?
- Plan the route you will take prior to starting your day.
- Organize and check your supplies and documents at the beginning of your shift.
- Call patients ahead of time to get ready and to confirm appointment time.
- Look up orders and history before seeing the patient.
Which is a key responsibility of a home health nurse? The Home Health Primary Nurse cares for a caseload of home health patients by evaluating the patient for appropriateness of home health and developing the home care plan in conjunction with the physician. S/he educates patients, families, caregivers and community providers to safely perform care.
What should a home health nurse bring?
- A flashlight. There’s nothing like performing wound carein the dark.
- Flea and wasp spray.
- An extra pair of scrubs and shoes.
- An empty liquid washing detergent bottle.
- A cooler with ice, water, and snacks.
- Organizational tools.
- A whistle.
How do you organize a nurse?
- Clean up your work space.
- Get a planner.
- Schedule your study time.
- Don’t read everything.
- Use two different colored pens to take notes.
- Get a binder for clinical and lecture.
- Lay out your clinical gear the night before.