How do I prepare for a 5am workout?
- Wake up with intention.
- Keep your alarm at a distance.
- Make your bed.
- Lay out your clothes the night before.
- Plan every minute of your morning.
- Make it a group effort.
- Find a workout that makes you actually want to wake up early.
Is working out at 5 am good? Getting that 5 am workout in can help set healthy eating standards and adequate hydration for the day. Most likely you aren’t eating a strawberry filled glazed doughnut before or after your morning run or heading to FIT Camp. You want to get a good meal that fuels your body for your day, not drag you down.
What should I eat for early morning workout?
- An energy bar.
- A banana, an apple or other fresh fruit.
- A fruit smoothie.
- A whole-grain bagel or crackers.
- A low-fat granola bar.
- A peanut butter sandwich.
- Sports drink or diluted juice.
What should a bodybuilder eat before 5am? Any low-fat source of protein is a great option. Examples: egg whites, chicken breast, and lean deli meat. However, you may prefer a faster-digesting protein source, such as a BCAA supplement or whey protein, to minimize any risk of stomach discomfort heading into your workout.