How do you stay safe on Thanksgiving?
- Get vaccinated.
- Keep gatherings small.
- If everyone at an indoor gathering is vaccinated, masks are optional.
- If your guests are unvaccinated or you don’t know their status, plan gatherings that are small, short, and outdoors.
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth:
What are holiday safety tips?
- Avoid driving alone or at night.
- Keep all car doors locked and windows closed while in or out of your car.
- If you must shop at night, park in a well-lighted area.
- Avoid parking next to vans, trucks with camper shells, or cars with tinted windows.
What is the most important child safety rule during Thanksgiving? Never leave children unattended when there is food cooking in the kitchen. Keep pot handles turned inward and out of the reach of children. Keep sharp utensils stored up high and out of the reach of children. Teach children not to go near hot ovens, especially when the oven door is open.
What causes the most fires on Thanksgiving? Faulty cooking equipment
Cooking equipment was involved in almost half of all reported home fires and home fire injuries. It is also the second leading cause of home fire deaths, per NFPA. Before hosting your Thanksgiving gathering this year, check to make sure all smoke detectors in your home are working.