Is it good to workout on an empty stomach in the morning? It’s often recommended that you work out first thing in the morning before eating breakfast, in what’s known as a fasted state. This is believed to help with weight loss. However, working out after eating may give you more energy and improve your performance.
What should I eat for early morning workout?
- An energy bar.
- A banana, an apple or other fresh fruit.
- A fruit smoothie.
- A whole-grain bagel or crackers.
- A low-fat granola bar.
- A peanut butter sandwich.
- Sports drink or diluted juice.
What should you not eat before a morning workout?
- Granola or Protein Bars. 1/12. These might seem like a good idea before you hit the gym, but there’s no clear definition of what they really are.
- High-Fiber Vegetables. 2/12.
- High-Fat Food. 3/12.
- Yogurt. 4/12.
- Smoothies. 5/12.
- Flaxseed. 6/12.
- Fast Food. 7/12.
- Energy Drinks. 8/12.
Should you eat before or after an early morning workout? “Do what’s best for you in terms of how you feel,” Rissetto says. “If you feel fatigued during your workouts and extremely hungry or irritable after, try eating something beforehand instead of going in on an empty stomach. It can help you feel better, perform better, and may give you better results.