Is September healthy Aging Month? Lincoln- For the past twenty years, September has been recognized as Healthy Aging Month, an annual occurrence to raise awareness about the positive aspects of growing older – targeting the 70 million Baby Boomers (born between 1946-1964) and more than 65 million members of Generation X (born between 1965 – 1980).
How can we have healthy aging?
- Get moving: Exercise and physical activity.
- Healthy eating: Make smart food choices.
- Getting a good night’s sleep.
- Quit smoking.
- Alcohol and other substances.
- Go to the doctor regularly.
- Social isolation and loneliness.
How can I improve my health in summer?
- Eat healthy and light. Eat light, small, frequent meals.
- Treat your eyes well. Protect your vision from the harsh sunlight at work and at play, wear protective eyewear.
- Avoid Alcohol and Caffeine.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Stay indoors.
- Avoid outside food.
Which food is good in summer?
- Iced Coffee and Tea –
- Melons –
- Mangoes –
- Salads –
- Berries –
- Corn –
- Fresh Juice –