What are the 5 common mental health challenges students face in college?
- Suicidal Ideation and Intent.
- Eating Disorders.
- Substance Misuse.
How do you improve on your mental health as a student?
- Eat healthy.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Be active.
- Build a strong social support network.
- Engage in hobbies.
- Disconnect from negativity.
- Volunteer when possible.
- Reward yourself.
What can students do for mental health?
- Educate staff, parents, and students on symptoms of and help for mental health problems.
- Promote social and emotional competency and build resilience.
- Help ensure a positive, safe school environment.
- Teach and reinforce positive behaviors and decision-making.
- Encourage helping others.
What are 4 strategies to enhance mental health?
- Make social connection — especially face-to-face — a priority.
- Stay active.
- Talk to someone.
- Appeal to your senses.
- Take up a relaxation practice.
- Make leisure and contemplation a priority.
- Eat a brain-healthy diet to support strong mental health.
- Don’t skimp on sleep.