What do vegans eat before a workout?
- Dried Fruit With a Handful of Almonds or Walnuts. Healthy Snack | Smabs Sputzer | CC BY 2.0.
- Whole Grain Toast. Garlic-Rubbed Toast with Mashed Avocado and Salsa Verde | Jennifer | CC BY 2.0.
- Baked Sweet Potato.
Is tofu a good pre-workout food? Protein Sources: Low-Carbohydrate
If you’re getting your carbs elsewhere and you’re looking to boost your protein before your workout, try these low-carbohydrate protein sources: Tofu.
What do vegans eat after a workout to build muscle?
- Pulses. Pulses are edible seeds that grow in a pod.
- Oats. Every athlete’s favourite breakfast, oats and porridge are ideal for slow-release energy before a long ride or run and they’re also high in protein.
- Natural vegan protein bars.
- Tofu and tempeh.
- Nuts and nut butters.
- Chia seeds.
What should a vegan eat before a run?
- Granola bar.
- A piece of fruit, like apple or banana.
- Peanut or almond butter on toast.
- A small bowl of porridge.
- A small bowl of seeds, nuts and dried fruit.