What do you eat before during and after exercise? Ideally, fuel up two hours before you exercise by:
Hydrating with water. Eating healthy carbohydrates such as whole-grain cereals (with low-fat or skim milk), whole-wheat toast, low-fat or fat-free yogurt, whole grain pasta, brown rice, fruits and vegetables.
What are 3 foods you should eat after a workout?
- grilled chicken with roasted vegetables and rice.
- egg omelet with avocado spread on whole grain toast.
- salmon with sweet potato.
- tuna salad sandwich on whole grain bread.
- tuna and crackers.
- oatmeal, whey protein, banana and almonds.
- cottage cheese and fruits.
- pita and hummus.
What’s a good food to eat before workout?
- Fruit smoothies.
- Yogurt parfaits with granola and fruit.
- Whole grain bread with a couple of slices of lean meat.
- Chicken with rice and vegetables.
- Apples with peanut butter and raisins.
- Greek yogurt.
What should u eat after a workout? The cornerstone of post-workout nutrition is a careful combination of protein, carbohydrates and fluids. The basic recommendation is to consume 10 to 20 grams of protein after a workout, depending on your body weight, says Bonci.