What is a good source of protein before a workout? Cottage cheese. Cottage cheese is a great workout food that contains significant amounts of casein and whey protein. Casein is a slow-digesting protein that is beneficial for your muscles and helps them grow and recover. On the other hand, whey is a bodybuilding protein that helps gain muscle mass and burn fat.
What is the best food to eat before a workout?
- Fruit smoothies.
- Yogurt parfaits with granola and fruit.
- Whole grain bread with a couple of slices of lean meat.
- Chicken with rice and vegetables.
- Apples with peanut butter and raisins.
- Greek yogurt.
What should I eat before a 12 workout to boost energy before the gym?
- Water. Newsweek subscription offers >
- Fresh Fruit Juice.
- English Muffin.
What should I eat before a crazy workout?
- 6 oz fruit-flavored Greek yogurt.
- 6 dates stuffed with 1 Tbsp almond butter*
- 4 graham crackers with 1 Tbsp nut butter and 4 sliced strawberries.
- ½ peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole grain bread.
- Rice cake with 1 Tbsp almond butter and 2 Tbsp raisins*