What is best to eat before and after a workout? Experts say the best way to go is a snack that’s a combination of carbs (to give you fuel) and protein (to get your body ready to build and repair muscles). Some ideas include a banana and some peanut butter with crackers, a handful of nuts and raisins, or a hardboiled egg.
What should I eat to lose weight and tone up? Lean meat like chicken and turkey, fish like salmon and tuna or eggs, beans, legumes and quinoa if you’re veggie. You can also choose high-protein snacks, like cottage cheese, natural yoghurt, nuts and seeds. Avocado is also particularly high in protein, considering it’s a fruit and all.
What should I eat 40 minutes before workout?
- Whole grain toast, peanut or almond butter and banana slices.
- Chicken thighs, rice and steamed vegetables.
- Oatmeal, protein powder and blueberries.
- Scrambled eggs, veggies and avocado.
- Protein smoothie.
What foods to avoid when working out?
- Granola or Protein Bars. 1/12. These might seem like a good idea before you hit the gym, but there’s no clear definition of what they really are.
- High-Fiber Vegetables. 2/12.
- High-Fat Food. 3/12.
- Yogurt. 4/12.
- Smoothies. 5/12.
- Flaxseed. 6/12.
- Fast Food. 7/12.
- Energy Drinks. 8/12.