What is best to eat before and after a workout? Experts say the best way to go is a snack that’s a combination of carbs (to give you fuel) and protein (to get your body ready to build and repair muscles). Some ideas include a banana and some peanut butter with crackers, a handful of nuts and raisins, or a hardboiled egg.
What is the best snack to eat after a workout?
- Yogurt and fruit.
- Peanut butter sandwich.
- Low-fat chocolate milk and pretzels.
- Post-workout recovery smoothie.
- Turkey on whole-grain bread with vegetables.
What’s the best snack to eat before a workout?
- 2-3 Hours Before a Workout.
- Whole-Grain Crackers and a Glass of Nonfat Milk. Carbohydrates are your muscles’ favorite energy source.
- Ricotta Cheese on Cinnamon Raisin Toast.
- Instant Oatmeal.
- A Fruit Smoothie.
- A Piece of Fresh Fruit.
What to eat before different types of workouts? Because glucose is the preferred energy source for most exercise, a pre-exercise meal should include foods that are high in carbs and easy to digest, such as pasta, fruit, bread, energy bars, and energy drinks.