What is best to eat before and after a workout? Experts say the best way to go is a snack that’s a combination of carbs (to give you fuel) and protein (to get your body ready to build and repair muscles). Some ideas include a banana and some peanut butter with crackers, a handful of nuts and raisins, or a hardboiled egg.
What’s the best food to eat after exercising?
- Yogurt and fruit.
- Peanut butter sandwich.
- Low-fat chocolate milk and pretzels.
- Post-workout recovery smoothie.
- Turkey on whole-grain bread with vegetables.
What’s a good food to eat before workout?
- Fruit smoothies.
- Yogurt parfaits with granola and fruit.
- Whole grain bread with a couple of slices of lean meat.
- Chicken with rice and vegetables.
- Apples with peanut butter and raisins.
- Greek yogurt.
Should you eat before or after a morning workout? It’s often recommended that you work out first thing in the morning before eating breakfast, in what’s known as a fasted state. This is believed to help with weight loss. However, working out after eating may give you more energy and improve your performance.