What is best to eat before and after a workout? Experts say the best way to go is a snack that’s a combination of carbs (to give you fuel) and protein (to get your body ready to build and repair muscles). Some ideas include a banana and some peanut butter with crackers, a handful of nuts and raisins, or a hardboiled egg.
What is best to eat after a workout?
- whole grain toast and almond butter.
- cereal with dairy or soy milk.
- Greek yogurt, berries and granola.
- protein shake and banana.
- quinoa bowl with sweet potatoes, berries, and pecans.
- whole grain crackers with string cheese and fruit.
What should not eat after workout?
- Smoothies From Pre-Made Mixes.
- Spicy Foods.
- Heavy Proteins Like Steak.
- Fatty Foods.
- Fast Food.
- Simple Carbs.
What’s a good food to eat before workout?
- Fruit smoothies.
- Yogurt parfaits with granola and fruit.
- Whole grain bread with a couple of slices of lean meat.
- Chicken with rice and vegetables.
- Apples with peanut butter and raisins.
- Greek yogurt.