What is best to eat before and after a workout? Experts say the best way to go is a snack that’s a combination of carbs (to give you fuel) and protein (to get your body ready to build and repair muscles). Some ideas include a banana and some peanut butter with crackers, a handful of nuts and raisins, or a hardboiled egg.
What should I eat before a workout recovery?
- A peanut butter and banana or PBJ sandwich.
- Greek yogurt with berries.
- Oatmeal with low-fat milk and fruit.
- Apple and peanut or almond butter.
- Handful of nuts and raisins (two parts raisins: one part nuts)
What should I eat after a workout for muscle recovery?
- Turkey sandwiches.
- Pasta dishes.
- Rice bowls with vegetables and beans or chicken.
- A banana and low-fat chocolate milk (full-fat milk may be harder to digest after a workout)
- Whole-grain crackers and peanut butter.
- A smoothie with yogurt and frozen berries.
What is the best way to refuel after your workout?
- grilled chicken with roasted vegetables and rice.
- egg omelet with avocado spread on whole grain toast.
- salmon with sweet potato.
- tuna salad sandwich on whole grain bread.
- tuna and crackers.
- oatmeal, whey protein, banana and almonds.
- cottage cheese and fruits.
- pita and hummus.