What is the best snack to eat before a workout?
- 2-3 Hours Before a Workout.
- Whole-Grain Crackers and a Glass of Nonfat Milk. Carbohydrates are your muscles’ favorite energy source.
- Ricotta Cheese on Cinnamon Raisin Toast.
- Instant Oatmeal.
- A Fruit Smoothie.
- A Piece of Fresh Fruit.
What should I eat 10 minutes before a workout? Ideally, fuel up two hours before you exercise by:
If you only have 5-10 minutes before you exercise, eat a piece of fruit such as an apple or banana. “The key is to consume easily digested carbohydrates, so you don’t feel sluggish,” Platt said.
What should I not eat before a workout?
- Granola or Protein Bars. 1/12. These might seem like a good idea before you hit the gym, but there’s no clear definition of what they really are.
- High-Fiber Vegetables. 2/12.
- High-Fat Food. 3/12.
- Yogurt. 4/12.
- Smoothies. 5/12.
- Flaxseed. 6/12.
- Fast Food. 7/12.
- Energy Drinks. 8/12.
How can I get energy before a workout?
- Eat Two To Three Hours Beforehand.
- Have A Quick Pre-Workout Snack.
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate.
- Drink Something Caffeinated.
- Choose A Fun Routine.
- Reschedule Your Workout.
- Take A Power Nap.
- Go Outside.