What is the best thing to eat before a workout?
- Fruit smoothies.
- Yogurt parfaits with granola and fruit.
- Whole grain bread with a couple of slices of lean meat.
- Chicken with rice and vegetables.
- Apples with peanut butter and raisins.
- Greek yogurt.
What is the best drink before workout?
- 01 of 07. Maple Water.
- 02 of 07. Coffee.
- 03 of 07. Homemade Protein Shake.
- 04 of 07. Ready-to-Drink Protein Drink.
- 05 of 07. Caffeinated Tea With Honey.
- 06 of 07. Green Juice.
- 07 of 07. Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)
What should I eat or drink before I work out? Ideally, fuel up two hours before you exercise by:
Hydrating with water. Eating healthy carbohydrates such as whole-grain cereals (with low-fat or skim milk), whole-wheat toast, low-fat or fat-free yogurt, whole grain pasta, brown rice, fruits and vegetables.
What should you not eat before a workout?
- Granola or Protein Bars. 1/12. These might seem like a good idea before you hit the gym, but there’s no clear definition of what they really are.
- High-Fiber Vegetables. 2/12.
- High-Fat Food. 3/12.
- Yogurt. 4/12.
- Smoothies. 5/12.
- Flaxseed. 6/12.
- Fast Food. 7/12.
- Energy Drinks. 8/12.