What is the best thing to eat before a workout?
- Fruit smoothies.
- Yogurt parfaits with granola and fruit.
- Whole grain bread with a couple of slices of lean meat.
- Chicken with rice and vegetables.
- Apples with peanut butter and raisins.
- Greek yogurt.
What should you not eat before a workout?
- Granola or Protein Bars. 1/12. These might seem like a good idea before you hit the gym, but there’s no clear definition of what they really are.
- High-Fiber Vegetables. 2/12.
- High-Fat Food. 3/12.
- Yogurt. 4/12.
- Smoothies. 5/12.
- Flaxseed. 6/12.
- Fast Food. 7/12.
- Energy Drinks. 8/12.
When should I eat before a workout? The general guideline is to eat a full meal three to four hours before exercising, a higher carbohydrate snack two hours before, and/or a smaller, easy-to-digest carbohydrate right up until you start.
What should I eat 1 hour before workout?
- Low fat fruit smoothie.
- Low fat chocolate milk.
- Fruit juice or sports drink.
- Low fat muffins.
- A piece of fruit.