What makes a good HHA? A home health aide must be able to relate and empathize with others. Being caring and compassionate means emotions will be involved and the aide must know how and when to stay in control and command of a situation. The patient counts on this.
What home health aide pays the most?
10 States Where Home Health Aides Earn the Most Money.
|State||Average Annual Wage – 2017||2017 Rank|
What should a caregiver do on the first day?
- Get to know the person in advance.
- Arrive with the right attitude.
- Carefully navigate family dynamics.
- Ask questions.
- Ask for feedback at the end of the day.
How can a caregiver stay healthy?
- Get regular physical activity.
- Maintain a heart-healthy diet.
- Make time for yourself.
- Keep humor in your life.
- Get out and about.
- Watch out for depression.
- Take care of business.
- Keep medical and dental appointments.