What should I do during my Heart Month?
- Host a Quit Smoking Day. Give away gift cards to employees who quit smoking on a designated day in February.
- Give Your Heart Away. Give away items that are cute and heart-related.
- Sweat it Out.
- Wear Red.
- Spread the Word.
How can I improve my heart health in a month?
- Get moving. Your heart is a muscle and, as with any muscle, exercise is what strengthens it.
- Quit smoking. Quitting smoking is tough.
- Lose weight. Losing weight is more than just diet and exercise.
- Eat heart-healthy foods.
- Don’t forget the chocolate.
- Don’t overeat.
- Don’t stress.
What are 10 ways to have a healthier heart?
- Eat healthy.
- Get active.
- Stay at a healthy weight.
- Quit smoking and stay away from secondhand smoke.
- Control your cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Drink alcohol only in moderation.
- Manage stress.
What is the best way to improve heart health? Examples: Brisk walking, running, swimming, cycling, playing tennis and jumping rope. Heart-pumping aerobic exercise is the kind that doctors have in mind when they recommend at least 150 minutes per week of moderate activity.