What should I do the night before a morning workout? I’ve experimented a bit and found that the workouts typically go better if I consume a high carb dinner (think sweet potatoes, white rice, lean protein) the night before instead of something more balanced like a salad.
What should you not eat the night before a workout?
- Granola or Protein Bars. 1/12. These might seem like a good idea before you hit the gym, but there’s no clear definition of what they really are.
- High-Fiber Vegetables. 2/12.
- High-Fat Food. 3/12.
- Yogurt. 4/12.
- Smoothies. 5/12.
- Flaxseed. 6/12.
- Fast Food. 7/12.
- Energy Drinks. 8/12.
Should I eat carbs at night if I workout in the morning? Your body undergoes most of its repair and recovery while you’re sleeping, utilizing both protein and carbs as energy sources to repair your muscles. By eating carbs at night, not only are you blocking cortisol production, but you’re also providing the necessary resources for your body to build muscle and burn fat.
What should I eat for early morning workout?
- An energy bar.
- A banana, an apple or other fresh fruit.
- A fruit smoothie.
- A whole-grain bagel or crackers.
- A low-fat granola bar.
- A peanut butter sandwich.
- Sports drink or diluted juice.