What should I eat 10 minutes before a workout? Ideally, fuel up two hours before you exercise by:
If you only have 5-10 minutes before you exercise, eat a piece of fruit such as an apple or banana. “The key is to consume easily digested carbohydrates, so you don’t feel sluggish,” Platt said.
What should I eat 15 minutes before the gym?
- Oats. During your workout, oats can act as a go-to pre-workout meal.
- Protein shakes. Many studies have reported the potential of pre-workout protein consumption to boost athletic performance.
- Whole grains.
- Yogurt and fresh fruit.
- Boiled eggs.
What should you not eat before a workout?
- Granola or Protein Bars. 1/12. These might seem like a good idea before you hit the gym, but there’s no clear definition of what they really are.
- High-Fiber Vegetables. 2/12.
- High-Fat Food. 3/12.
- Yogurt. 4/12.
- Smoothies. 5/12.
- Flaxseed. 6/12.
- Fast Food. 7/12.
- Energy Drinks. 8/12.
What should I eat 1 hour before workout?
- Low fat fruit smoothie.
- Low fat chocolate milk.
- Fruit juice or sports drink.
- Low fat muffins.
- A piece of fruit.