What should I eat 2 hours before workout?
- If you are eating 30-60 minutes before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, moderate protein, and low fat snack before exercising.
- If you are eating 2-3 hours before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, high protein, low fat meal before exercising.
Should food be avoided 2 hours before exercise? How long before exercise should I be eating? The short answer is “it depends” but generally most people can tolerate their last main meal 2-4 hours before exercise without any unwanted stomach upset. There’s also the option of adding in a small snack in the 1-2 hours before exercise for a final top up of fuel stores.
Which type of foods should be avoided 1 2 hours before exercise?
8 foods you should never eat before a workout
- Fibre-filled foods.
- Fizzy drinks.
- Spicy foods.
- Cruciferous vegetables.
- Refined sugar.
What should I eat 2 hours before HIIT?
Eating Before a HIIT Session
- Banana or apple with almond butter.
- Peanut butter on whole wheat toast.
- Low-fat Greek yogurt topped with berries.