What should I eat 4 hours before a workout?
- Baked potato.
- Cereal with milk.
- Energy bar.
- Fresh fruit.
- Pasta with tomato sauce.
- Toast with peanut butter, lean meat, or cheese.
What should I eat 2 hours before weight training?
- Protein smoothie made with milk, protein powder, banana and mixed berries.
- Whole-grain cereal and milk.
- A cup of oatmeal topped with banana and sliced almonds.
- Natural almond butter and fruit preserve sandwich on whole-grain bread.
Is it OK to eat an hour before the gym? For best results, aim to consume a meal 2–3 hours before your workout. Your pre-workout meal should contain a balance of protein, carbs, and fat. The extra time you have before your workout should allow your body time to digest the nutrients and make them available for use during your workout.
How much should I eat 30 minutes before a workout? “If it’s 30 to 60 minutes before a workout, have a snack in the 100- to 200-calorie range before the workout,” she says. If you can eat two hours before the workout, your pre-exercise fuel could be a balanced meal containing carbohydrates, protein and a little fat as long as it’s relatively easy to digest.