What should I eat 6 hours before a workout? Because glucose is the preferred energy source for most exercise, a pre-exercise meal should include foods that are high in carbs and easy to digest, such as pasta, fruit, bread, energy bars, and energy drinks.
What should I eat before a 10am workout?
- whole grain toast.
- beef jerky.
What should I eat hours before a workout?
- If you are eating 30-60 minutes before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, moderate protein, and low fat snack before exercising.
- If you are eating 2-3 hours before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, high protein, low fat meal before exercising.
What should I eat 1.5 hours before workout?
- Sandwich on whole-grain bread, lean protein and a side salad.
- Egg omelet and whole-grain toast topped with avocado spread and a cup of fruit.
- Lean protein, brown rice and roasted vegetables.