What should I eat before a workout to build muscle?
- A peanut butter and banana or PBJ sandwich.
- Greek yogurt with berries.
- Oatmeal with low-fat milk and fruit.
- Apple and peanut or almond butter.
- Handful of nuts and raisins (two parts raisins: one part nuts)
Should u eat protein before or after you work out? Post-workout nutrition is more cut-and-dried than pre-workout. The consensus among most respected, evidence-based fitness professionals is that yes, you should eat protein after you work out. It’s not hugely important, but research does show that it can help you gain more muscle over time.
What should I eat after a workout to build muscle?
- grilled chicken with roasted vegetables and rice.
- egg omelet with avocado spread on whole grain toast.
- salmon with sweet potato.
- tuna salad sandwich on whole grain bread.
- tuna and crackers.
- oatmeal, whey protein, banana and almonds.
- cottage cheese and fruits.
- pita and hummus.
What should I eat before a Jillian Michaels workout? She says you want to “get a little of each macronutrient in their cleanest form if you can—clean protein, monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fats, and complex carbs” before exercising. This means something like an apple with almond butter would be the perfect snack to eat an hour or so before working out, per Michaels.