What should I eat before a workout to lift?
- Fruit smoothies.
- Yogurt parfaits with granola and fruit.
- Whole grain bread with a couple of slices of lean meat.
- Chicken with rice and vegetables.
- Apples with peanut butter and raisins.
- Greek yogurt.
What should I not eat before lifting weights?
- Granola or Protein Bars. 1/12. These might seem like a good idea before you hit the gym, but there’s no clear definition of what they really are.
- High-Fiber Vegetables. 2/12.
- High-Fat Food. 3/12.
- Yogurt. 4/12.
- Smoothies. 5/12.
- Flaxseed. 6/12.
- Fast Food. 7/12.
- Energy Drinks. 8/12.
Should I eat before lifting weights? Be well fueled going into a workout. Studies suggest that eating or drinking carbohydrates before exercise can improve workout performance and may allow you to work out for a longer time or at a higher intensity. If you don’t eat, you might feel sluggish or lightheaded when you exercise.
What should I eat 2 hours before a lift?
- Protein smoothie made with milk, protein powder, banana and mixed berries.
- Whole-grain cereal and milk.
- A cup of oatmeal topped with banana and sliced almonds.
- Natural almond butter and fruit preserve sandwich on whole-grain bread.