What should I eat before cardio at night?
- Brown rice with chicken.
- Protein shakes.
- Bananas They contain sugar and starch that give energy to the body.
- Peanut butter sandwich/Bagel with honey.
- Energy/Granola bars.
What is the best thing to eat before cardio?
- If you are eating 30-60 minutes before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, moderate protein, and low fat snack before exercising.
- If you are eating 2-3 hours before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, high protein, low fat meal before exercising.
Should I eat after cardio before bed? After a muscle-building workout, mix in a scoop of protein powder and fruit for muscle recovery and energy replenishment. It’s one of the best things to eat after a workout before sleep because it’ll feed your sweet-tooth cravings without spiking your blood glucose levels.
What should I eat if I workout late at night?
- Yogurt. Most dairy-based foods are a good source of tryptophan, an amino acid that your body uses to produce serotonin and melatonin, which both help induce sleepiness.