What should I eat before workout in the morning?
- An energy bar.
- A banana, an apple or other fresh fruit.
- A fruit smoothie.
- A whole-grain bagel or crackers.
- A low-fat granola bar.
- A peanut butter sandwich.
- Sports drink or diluted juice.
What should you not eat before a morning workout?
- Granola or Protein Bars. 1/12. These might seem like a good idea before you hit the gym, but there’s no clear definition of what they really are.
- High-Fiber Vegetables. 2/12.
- High-Fat Food. 3/12.
- Yogurt. 4/12.
- Smoothies. 5/12.
- Flaxseed. 6/12.
- Fast Food. 7/12.
- Energy Drinks. 8/12.
Should I workout on an empty stomach in the morning? It’s often recommended that you work out first thing in the morning before eating breakfast, in what’s known as a fasted state. This is believed to help with weight loss. However, working out after eating may give you more energy and improve your performance.
Is it OK to workout as soon as you wake up? Working Out After Waking Up
And two, daily morning exercise kick-starts your metabolism, gets your heart pumping and may help lower your blood pressure. That said, in order to exercise right, your body needs to be warm, which means it’s not such a great idea to jump out of bed and go full force.