What should I eat for early morning workout?
- An energy bar.
- A banana, an apple or other fresh fruit.
- A fruit smoothie.
- A whole-grain bagel or crackers.
- A low-fat granola bar.
- A peanut butter sandwich.
- Sports drink or diluted juice.
Should I eat before a morning workout? Eating before your morning workout will help provide your body with the fuel it needs. For certain types of exercise, such as strength training and long-duration cardio exercise, experts highly recommend eating a small meal or snack containing carbohydrates and a bit of protein 1–3 hours before you get started.
Is it good to workout on an empty stomach in the morning? It’s often recommended that you work out first thing in the morning before eating breakfast, in what’s known as a fasted state. This is believed to help with weight loss. However, working out after eating may give you more energy and improve your performance.
What should you not eat before a morning workout?
- Granola or Protein Bars. 1/12. These might seem like a good idea before you hit the gym, but there’s no clear definition of what they really are.
- High-Fiber Vegetables. 2/12.
- High-Fat Food. 3/12.
- Yogurt. 4/12.
- Smoothies. 5/12.
- Flaxseed. 6/12.
- Fast Food. 7/12.
- Energy Drinks. 8/12.