What should I eat for early morning workout?
- An energy bar.
- A banana, an apple or other fresh fruit.
- A fruit smoothie.
- A whole-grain bagel or crackers.
- A low-fat granola bar.
- A peanut butter sandwich.
- Sports drink or diluted juice.
Is it good to eat before early morning workout? In general, you want to eat easily digestible carbohydrates and go slow on high-fiber, high-protein, and high-fat foods if you’re eating less than an hour before your workout, since these foods slow digestion and can cause GI discomfort.
What should you not eat before a morning workout?
- Granola or Protein Bars. 1/12. These might seem like a good idea before you hit the gym, but there’s no clear definition of what they really are.
- High-Fiber Vegetables. 2/12.
- High-Fat Food. 3/12.
- Yogurt. 4/12.
- Smoothies. 5/12.
- Flaxseed. 6/12.
- Fast Food. 7/12.
- Energy Drinks. 8/12.
Should you eat before a 5am workout? Eating before your morning workout will help provide your body with the fuel it needs. For certain types of exercise, such as strength training and long-duration cardio exercise, experts highly recommend eating a small meal or snack containing carbohydrates and a bit of protein 1–3 hours before you get started.